Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Caged--Art Quilt


(Caged, Art Quilt, Crystals, 8" x 10")
SOLD

This is another art quilt that I am donating to the Alzheimer's Quilts project. I registered my quilts yesterday and received my registration numbers today. I need to attach labels to the back of each quilt and ship them tomorrow. My quilts should be posted on their website by next week.

I imagine that Alzheimer's patients may feel helpless and "caged." This art quilt portrays my idea that those of us with challenges, including Alzheimer's patients, sometimes feel trapped or caged. The families of Alzheimer's patients must miss the interaction they once had with their loved ones, and I imagine they must also feel caged.

Today was my first digital photography class. My daughter, Ku'ulei, is taking the class too. Terry Wier, our instructor, is extremely knowledgeable about photography in general and the industry. He's currently writing a book that will include shortcuts to editing photos in Photoshop. Our three-hour class was interesting and time flew. We learned a lot: how to photograph objects using manual settings, how to photograph objects without flash, Epson is a fantastic printer, and Mac is a computer that is artist-friendly. I can't wait for next week's class. Oh, and we do have homework. I would tell you what it is if I really understood what the homework was. I wrote down the instructions, but I need the camera manual and my class notes to understand it. Challenging...but stimulating and fun.

2 comments:

Ku'ulei said...

I'm so glad you got your blog up! Hurray!!!!

Fannie said...

Yes, hurray! :)