Monday, July 16, 2007

Different, but Same--Art Quilt


(Different, but Same, Art Quilt, Crystals, 8" x 10")
SOLD

This is the first of many art quilts that I will donate to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, a grassroots effort to raise awareness and fund research to find cure for Alzheimer's disease organized by quilter, Ami Simms. The project is named "Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts." These art quilts are small works of art no larger than 9" x 12" that will be auctioned on the first day of each month, or sold online or at a fundraising venue to benefit Alzheimer's research. I have promised to help raise $1,000. Visit Ami's website to view the progress of my auction quilts and those of other donors. You may see something that interests you and help in this great cause. I enjoy using my creativity to make a difference in the world, one art quilt at a time!

Like the colored pencil version of this art quilt found in my July 13th post, it portrays the idea of "acceptance." However, because of this different medium, I am able to use quilt techniques to further interpret my idea. Alzheimer's patients behave differently than those without this debilitating disease. To convey the love and beauty within each of us--which makes us all the same--each pear is machine quilted with a graduated design of hearts and embellished with clear Swarovski crystals. We are all "Different, but Same."

2 comments:

tremayne_narte said...

Art, Love and the Love of Art knows no boundaries.

Fannie said...

True. :)