Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pear on Lace--ACEO


(2.5" x 3.5," Colourfix, colored pencil)

This is my first attempt at a miniature piece. This post has taught me that I have two valuable tools to completing an excellent piece--my camera and my computer. I discovered that I need to take a photo of my artwork and upload it to my computer to look for areas that need work before publishing it to the world. This image reveals flaws that I would like to have fixed before placing it on this blog. For example, the background could use a little more gradation. Separating the background from the table's edge would make it a better piece too. Oh, well. Next time. After all, this Art Journal is about my "journey" as an artist.

What is an ACEO?

An ACEO, (Art Cards, Editions & Originals), is a miniature piece of art done in any media, and is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches or 64 by 89 mm in size. ACEOs can be traded, but they are more commonly offered for sale. Acquiring ACEO’s from different artists allows one to collect many original works of art at an affordable price.

No comments: