Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Colored Pencils--Art Quilt

(Colored Pencils, Art Quilt, Crystals, 8" x 10")
SOLD

I made my first quilt in 1977, thirty years ago. It was a baby quilt. Since then I have made many memory quilts, friendship quilts, photo quilts, wall hangings, baby quilts, Hawaiian quilts, and commissioned quilts. If not for the requirements of the Alzheimer's Quilt Project for quilts to be 9" x 12" or smaller and original in design, I would not be making many of these 8" x 10" art quilts. Coming up with a new design each day is challenging but fun. With the trend of artists creating a painting a day, I think I could be a part of a web ring titled "An Art Quilt a Day." These art quilts take a few hours to complete, which leaves me time to work on my colored pencil paintings.

In this art quilt, I portray my favorite medium, colored pencils. This is another donation to the Alzheimer's Quilt Project. To meet my goal of $1,000, I estimated that I need to donate at least 30 quilts--sixteen more to go. My first shipment of six art quilts were received but not yet posted to their website. I will keep you informed.

2 comments:

ipo said...

too creative you! all your crafts seemlessly flow...WOW!!

Fannie said...

Thanks, Ipo.

Everyone liked your photo in class today. It's beautiful.