Monday, August 27, 2007

Frog and Butterfly With Flower--Fabric Postcard

(Frog and Butterfly With Flower, Fabric Postcard, 4" x 6")

This is another postcard for my exchange group, and it is going to Helen of Tennessee. It is machine embroidered using an image from the Dakota Collectibles Fashion Floral Arrangements embroidery software and embellished with pearls, and two charms: a frog and a butterfly.

Fall semester starts today. I am taking two classes: English and Humanities. English is one of my favorite subjects. I have not received information from my English professor yet, but the class requirements will probably include writing different kinds of essays. Fun!

Humanities sounds thought-provoking. My Humanities professor writes in her syllabus:

"Humanities is the study of human creative endeavor--literature, visual art, performance art, theatre, film, philosophy, architecture, and technology--and the transmission of culture from the dawn of human consciousness to present day."
Among our many assignments, we are "required" to visit the Dallas Museum and attend a live performance. Oh, poor me! :) Visiting museums and attending live performances are two of my all-time favorite extracurricular activities. This looks to be like another fun and stimulating semester.

No comments: