Thursday, August 30, 2007

Milano--WIP

(Milano, Colored Pencils, 5" x 7")

Finding titles to these paintings are fun. I thought about "All Gone" or "Who Ate the Last Piece!" or "So You Found My Stash." Since I couldn't decide, it's just plain and simple "Milano."

This is a colored pencil painting I'm currently working on. I'm not using Neocolors II with this piece, but using only Prismacolor and Coloursoft pencils. I'm using the bristle brush to burnish. This is my first attempt at burnishing using the Pastelbord without Neocolors II. See the difference in the purple background areas of this piece--the upper left area has been burnished using the bristle brush; the lower right purple area is what it looked like before burnishing.

Painting this is not as easy as I thought it would be. The lettering and numbers are so detailed. Each piece brings me new challenges and helps me develop as an artist.

Colored pencil paintings take a lot of time--at least it does for me. I'm glad that I can post my fiber art postcards in between my paintings. In a week or so, when I get more organized with my school assignments, I will make another post of this piece and show you the progress I've made.

Click HERE to see the completed version of "Milano" located on my other blog, "Fannie's Fine Art Studio."

No comments: