Thursday, August 9, 2007

Neocolor II Watersoluble wax crayons

This is a set of Neocolor II Watersoluble wax crayons by Caran D'Ache I just purchased to practice a technique I learned from Ann Kullberg's "Step By Step Lesson" from her August issue of From My Perspective, an online colored pencil magazine. The technique was demonstrated by artist Ranjini Venkatachari. The image is of two pears she titled "Radiance," which is found on her blog under her post dated July 25. It is a simple still life painting, but the glow that she got from this technique makes her piece outstanding. I am excited to experiment with these crayons.

Click here to see my paintings using Neocolor II wax crayons.

Visit my other blog, Fannie's Fine Art Studio, dedicated to fine art, including colored pencil paintings.

I spent a good part of my day registering and labeling my next shipment of art quilts, but I also had time to play with these Neocolors.

No comments: