Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Just Playing"--Fabric Postcard

("Just Playing," Fabric Postcard, 4" x 6")

After I completed an essay for one of my classes, I just felt like playing. This fabric postcard is the result. Each of the two flowers have three layers. The first layer is a button. The next layer is a crocheted flower, which I crocheted some time ago. The last layer is a circle of fancy yarn. The background is machine quilted, and black furry yarn travels across the surface.

Since I'm in the playing mood, I'm giving this fabric postcard away. If you like this postcard, leave a comment on this post "and" send me an email with your address. It's that easy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fannie, Your card is great, I love how you incorporate things from times past. What kind of classes are you taking? Jacq

su said...

Hi Fannie! I like your new cp blog...I've come across some wool roving and have been trying needle felting. In my quest for info I came by this wonderful artist's page. Beautiful Postcards remind me of you!! Thought you might enjoy her work too. well, if you're not already familiar!http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/glendafelt.html
Su

Fannie said...

Hi, Jacq,

I'm taking an English and a Humanities class. Lots of reading and essay assignments. :)

I'll send you this postcard since you were first to reply.

Thanks.

Fannie said...

Su,

Thanks for looking and for visiting my cp blog. Thanks, also, for the link. I'll check it out.

Do you have a blog?

You have two choices: I can make you a copy of today's postcard (it won't be exact), or you can have the topiaries postcard, the post after this one.

Let me know what you decide.

Thanks.

Fannie said...

Jacq and Su,

Sorry it took a while for me to respond. I was without the internet for a good part of yesterday and most of today.

Thanks for your patience.

su said...

Hi Fannie,
Awww aren't you nice to offer me one of your cards!!! They're all beautiful! but hey! Jacq beat me to your "playing". Glad your internet is fixed. I don't have a blog or site---yet. I think it would be good for me...help me to set daily goals for my art.
Thanks for sharing your imagination, creations, and inspiration!
Su

Fannie said...

Su,


Let me know when you get a blog. Then I can visit you too. :)