Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Reminds Me of Home," by Vic

Two views--Which side is up?
When I saw this card, the first thing that came to my mind was "Hawaii." Vic of Washington sent me this postcard.

Vic works as a wildland fire dispatcher. When she's not saving lives and trees, she spends some of her "extra" time quilting (many of her quilts go to her adorable two-and-a-half year old grandson), sewing, and making postcards. I am glad Vic found some time to participate in this swap.

At this moment, I am remembering my mom's home cooking, the wind gently brushing across my face, the colorful flowers in her rock garden, the fragrance of the plumerias in her front yard, laughing with my school friends, playing with my nieces and nephews...thanks for the memories, Vic. I love my postcard.

No comments: