Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing With Neocolor II Wax Crayons

Hello, friends.

I have been playing with Neocolor II again. Neocolor II comes in open stock and in sets of 10, 15, 30, 40, 84 (the set I have), and a set of 124. I didn't know they had a set of 124. I need to find out what additional colors I "need" to buy. :)

Neocolor II works well on cottons, but I wanted to test how these crayons work on printed flannel fabric. This is a 4" x 4" square piece of printed flannel fabric I used in my experiment. I did not prewash this fabric.
Here are sample swatches of the printed flannel fabric after I hand painted them with Neocolor II.

red and green

purple and yellow

orange and blue

brown and pink

I sprinkled salt on the blue swatch after blending the crayons with water.

These pieces were air dried and ironed. They feel thicker, but they are still pliable. Imagine the possibilities . . .

Click HERE if you want to see my previous posts regarding my technique using Neocolor II, or go to my "Labels List" located in the far right column of my blog--scroll down--and click on "Techniques."

Click HERE if you want to see my art using Neocolor II, or go to my "Labels List" and click on "Neocolor II."

Let's see. What else can I do with these crayons . . . hmmmm.

If any of you have techniques using Neocolor II, please email me at fanniecarte@yahoo.com or leave a comment by clicking on "Comment" found at the end of each post. I would enjoy learning from you. Thanks for looking.

No comments: