Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sunflower and Lady Bug--Bottle Cap Pincushion


This is one of three bottle cap pincushions I will trade with friends at Fiber Art Traders. The center of the sunflower is Batik fabric, the petals are made from four rows of yarn, and a Lady Bug button added for interest.

FUN STUFF ABOUT LADY BUGS

  • Lady bugs are the most popular and widely used beneficial insects for commercial and home.
  • Not all lady bugs are female
  • A lady bug lets out a yellowish liquid when it is mad.
Click HERE and HERE for links to lady bug coloring pages.

Links:
Lady bug facts: http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/4th/KKhp/1insects/ladybugfax.html.
Coloring pages: http://www.coloring.ws/ladybugs1.htm.

4 comments:

Jacq said...

Fannie, You are having too much fun with the pin cushions. I may hve to make some. Jacq

su said...

I love your pin cushions! I was inspired me to make one...it's a needle felted snowman! Did you know ladybugs are a sign of good luck?
The Best of Luck to you, Fannie!
Su

Fannie said...

Hi, Jacq,
I look forward to seeing your pincushion on your blog. ;-D

Fannie said...

Hi, Su,

Do you have a blog? I would like to take a peek at your snowman. I have heard a lot of buzz about needle felting. It is something I need to try.