Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Tree--Fabric Postcard

(Christmas Tree, Fabric Postcard, 4" x 6")

These are Jinny Beyer fabrics which were thread painted with black, gold, and irridescent threads, and embellished with pearls and gold glass beads. I picked fabrics that closely resemble my watercolor paintings using Neocolor II to see what they look like using my thread painting technique. The tree was fused onto the blue background. However, my style of thread painting leaves the edges raw, which is not bad, just different.

This postcard is for my exchange group. Last Saturday, I mailed about five postcards, and to date, none was received. All of my postcards in my last exchange group made it to their destinations without any problems. I am dreading the news that my postcards are "lost." I hope they're just "late," maybe because of the Christmas season?

4 comments:

morningDove said...

boy, I would be so on the email sending you a drooling response. I am sure you will hear from all the group soon. keep your chin up.
A suggestion someone made for postcards. Get the two-postcard page plastic sleeves. Put a picture of the one you sent to recipient in one and the other opening put in the one they send you. Then you know at a glance when that person's exchange it done. Does that make sense?

Fannie said...

Hi, Dove~

Thanks for your encouragement. I agonized over this potential loss last night and was sad. However, I later realized that these are replaceable items. There are worse things happening in the world. Reality check. ;-D What's important? Certainly not the loss of replaceable fabric postcards. I'm glad I documented them on this blog. At least I have that.

Your visit cheered me and made me realize that I am very blessed with loving family and friends, and the freedom to create.

Beth Macre said...

Fannie, these are really nice. I love coming to see what you have created. I will have to be sure and come more often! You are very creative!

Fannie said...

Hi, Beth~
Thanks for your visit. I've been visiting your blog too, thanks to the link from Cindy's blog. I love your Christmas ATCs! They would make lovely postcards or greeting cards!

Thanks for your comments and for looking.