Monday, December 10, 2007

Heart for Anna--Fabric Postcard

(Heart for Anna, Fabric Postcard, 4" x 6")

The heart is made from red-orange and gold neon fabric. It was fused onto the black background and over the printed diagonal strip of fabric with frayed edges, and anchored with buttonhole stitching using variegated gold metallic thread. The diagonal strip of fabric was anchored with fancy stitching using variegated gold metallic thread. The black heart with Anna's name written in white ink is made from black shrink plastic which reduces 45 percent in size when heated. I purchased the "Poly Shrink" from my local rubber stamp store. The personalized black heart sits on strands of gold metallic embroidery floss.

Although I haven't confirmed this, based on Anna's address, I believe she is serving our country overseas, directly or indirectly. Thanks for your service, Anna. From my heart to yours.

5 comments:

anna*in*oki said...

I had been having a rather gloomy and frustrating day. That is--until I sat down to browse a few blogs--and saw this! I am so excited to receive it. What a treat, Fannie. And to answer your question... we ARE a military family here in Okinawa. My husband is a Marine who will be leaving shortly for his 3rd deployment in about 4 yrs. So your thoughts are very much appreciated. Have a wonderful day!

Fannie said...

Anna~
Thank you and your husband and your family for your service to our country and to all of us. Blessings to you.
With love and deep gratitude,
Fannie

Cindy said...

Fannie, I just love looking at your daily creations. What a wonderfully creative imagination you have.

Anna, I too send my sincere gratitude for your family's service to our country. My son was a Marine, and also served in Okinawa in the late 80's. Stay strong!

morningDove said...

I'm intrigued by the plastic shrink. I've never used anything like that. Your art work is so worth checking out. I only wish I lived close enough to see it all in person.

Fannie said...

Hi, Dove~
I discovered shrink plastic when I taught rubber stamping classes. Check your mail when you return from your cruise. ;-D