Monday, December 31, 2007

Tag Booklet--The Artists Circle Online Workshop--WIP

This step involves unifying all of these tags by applying gesso over the color. Here are before and after photos of each of the four sets to show contrast. The photographs show the tags in the same order from left to right. All twelve tags were coffee stained first and color was added as follows:

WATERCOLORS BEFORE
WATERCOLORS AFTER GESSO IS APPLIED

ACRYLICS BEFORE
ACRYLICS AFTER GESSO IS APPLIED

MARBLING BEFORE
MARBLING AFTER GESSO IS APPLIED

DYE INKS BEFORE
DYE INKS AFTER GESSO IS APPLIED
The next step is the "imagine and create" part--embellishing these tags. My booklet will illustrate a poem I wrote. The techniques for embellishments are wide open--stamping, embossing, collages, fabric, pockets, etc. It looks like it will be a fun and creative journey.

THE PAST YEAR

Talking about journey, the past year has offered much growth in many areas of my life, especially school; and new adventures through travel and new projects such as the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative and creating my blogs. My family and friends are a few of my many blessings. I've set new goals and look forward to an exciting New Year. What do you anticipate in the coming year?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thanks for Visiting.
Hope to See You Again and Again...

8 comments:

morningDove said...

I like that you did before and after pics of tags. What a transformation. Can't wait to see your poem and how your tags will fit in to compliment the poem. Happy New Year filled with great health, prosperity and creativity to you and all your creative family. blessings,

Fannie said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Dove! I wish you success in all of your endeavors.

Cindy said...

What a difference the gesso application made! Thanks for sharing this exploration with us.

I also look forward to what these might become and your poem.

I anticipate a much more creative and productive year now that family priorities have seemed to settled down. And it will be fun to share that year with my friends both "old" and "new". ;-)

Paula Pertile said...

Wow! What a difference a little gesso makes. I'm looking forward to seeing these all gussied up.

I'm looking forward to a creative and productive new year too!

Fannie said...

Isn't the application of the gesso dramatic? Changing seasons...I will watch you soar in 2008, Cindy! Much success, creativity, and peace to you and your family.

Fannie said...

I have no doubt that you will have a creative and productive new year, and much, much more, Paula. I envision you soaring as high as you can imagine. Success and Peace in 2008.

Jacq said...

Your tags look great. The gesso really changes them. The tags have been a fun project. This has been a great year as I have meant so many wonderful and inspiring people like you. Happy New Year to you and the ones you love.

Fannie said...

Who would have known that one "Little Girl" could bring Dear Friends like you and Dove and many new adventures. A Bright New Year to you and your loved ones. Peace, Success and Creativity in 2008.