Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Most Beautiful Things

"The Most Beautiful Things," Fabric Postcard, (4" x 6")
Fannie Narte

"The most
beautiful things
in the world
cannot be seen
or even touched,
they must be felt with the
Heart."

~by Helen Keller~

This is one of five "poetic postcards" for one of my exchange groups. It was difficult to photograph this postcard. I painted it with Neocolor II and sprinkled salt over the surface, which gave it a spotty watercolor wash look. I attempted to achieve a vintage feel. Maybe I'll use different colors on the remaining postcards.

4 comments:

Jacq said...

Your postcard is beautiful and has a very vintage look to it. The "wood" frame is a nice finishing touch. I love using salt on watercolors and when I am painting on silk.

Fannie said...

Oooo, I should try Neocolors on silk. Thanks for the tip, Jacq.

morningDove said...

i think you achieved your goal with vintage. I need to try salt. I've only used it one time with lumiere on silk in a class.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Dove. There are so many products and techniques to explore. Fun.