Thursday, January 17, 2008

Welcome Friends

Welcome Friends, by DeBee from Oregon, (4" x 6")
Photographed by Ku’ulei

I named this postcard "Welcome Friends." DeBee constructed this creative pop-up fabric postcard. The address on the door, "1225," represents "December 25" or "Christmas Day." A shimmering green wreath embellished with stars and crystals greets visiting friends.

When the door is opened, a wonderful 3-D Christmas tree welcomes friends into a warm home. I imagine hot chocolate topped with a mound of whipped cream, a cup of frothy eggnog, or hot cider awaits each guest.

Thanks for the time you took to create this card, DeBee. It is a gift of love.

A Role Reversal, Daughter Lets Mother Play

The beautifully manicured thumbnail holding the door open is "Ku'ulei." Okay--not "Ku'ulei, Ku'ulei," but "Ku'ulei." Thanks for your photographing skills, Ku'ulei. I get to spend more time playing!

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Here's Ku'ulei. ;-D

4 comments:

Ku'ulei said...

I'm glad you get to play and do what you love! Thanks for the little note to me. ;) P.S. LOVE my portrait! (Ha ha)

Fannie said...

You are Appreciated. You are Special. You are Loved. You are Beautiful!
~M

Cindy said...

Beautiful indeed! Just like you Mom.....and I can imagine just as talented!

Fannie said...

Thanks, Cindy. Ku'ulei has a pure heart, and she's talented too. 8-D