Sunday, February 24, 2008

Alaska

Here are a few photographs taken during our Alaskan cruise in May of last year. I took these photographs from the deck of our ship, the Sun Princess.



The ship in this photograph was headed in the opposite direction and quite close to our ship. I marveled at the maneuvering skills of these captains.

Ice and snow spill into the water.

A closer view. I love the tall, green trees surrounding the white ice and the reflections in the water.

The captain skillfully maneuvered his way around these glaciers. The fate of the Titanic came to mind.

Another glacier.

And yet another glacier. I was amazed at the beautiful blue color of these glaciers. Is there a name for this color? I'll call it "brilliant glacier blue."

I hope you find inspiration among these photographs. Maybe a landscape piece, or a piece with a ship or trees. How about a piece with reflections, snow or water? The forms of the glaciers may trigger an idea. Or maybe a piece using the color: brilliant glacier blue.

Imagine . . . Create . . .

6 comments:

Jacq said...

I enjoyed looking at the photos. They remminded me of our cruise to Alaska a few years ago. We will be heading to Juneau this summer for two weeks.

Fannie said...

Oh, have fun in Juneau, Jacq. Two weeks in Juneau is very, very nice. I'll look forward to seeing your photographs.

Regina Gansen Rooks said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. It just so happens that i have a piece of illustration board that I did an underpainting on a few months ago that is your brilliant gracier blue. It has been beckonning me. Now you give me more to think about...

Fannie said...

Brilliant glacier blue . . . I'm interested in seeing your piece. Is it a flower?

Catherine said...

Beautiful landscape, I long to see how it will inspire you, dear Fannie !

Fannie said...

Thanks, Catherine!