Friday, February 15, 2008

Tagged

Sailing in Alaska
May 2007

This photograph seemed appropriate for this post as I'm asking you to come with me on a trip to "Fannie's Land of Long Ago." You have no idea what's ahead, and it's "c-c-c-cold."

Okay, I've been tagged "twice"--by Cindy and Barb. I am honored and "paralyzed" like a glacier.

There are rules to follow. Here are the rules:

1. When tagged place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an email letting those bloggers know they have been tagged!

I'm not sure about how I feel about being tagged, but I'm a sport and enjoy playing, and if it's about sharing about my favorite weblogs (even though I am "required" to share about myself too), I'm glad to share and play.

Cindy's tag rules stated "5" things, and I've been thinking about the five things I wanted to share about myself for the past week. Now I need to "find" two more. Hmmmm.

Seven things you may not know about me:

1. When I was 16, I went to Japan with thirteen other students and four musicians to perform at a resort for five weeks, performing two or three shows each day. Our group's name was "Polynesian Fantasy," and we performed dances and songs similar to those found at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.

2. I served as recording secretary for the North Hilo Community Council at the age of 17 in their monthly and specially-called meetings.

3. I served as a board member and a co-chair for a fundraiser for the non-profit "CASA of Collin County," an organization that advocates for children with special needs.

4. I "owned" a business called "Gifts of Love" and taught weekly rubber stamping classes for over two years.

5. I was a cheerleader in high school.

Two more...

6. I was a certified personal trainer, a fitness instructor for an exercise program I designed and choreographed called "Hula for Fitness," and a polynesian dance instructor.

7. I am "selectively" private. ;-D

Whew, that's over!

Seven Favorite Weblogs:

Well, I have more than seven, but I'm posting these seven.

It is easy to get caught up in the idea of having "arrived" as an artist. I admire the work of accomplished artists and aspire to be "accomplished" at some point in the future. However, does one ever "arrive"? Sometimes we focus our attention on artists who are established, who have found their style, and who have earned many awards. We admire them because that is what we "hope" for ourselves. However, the only difference between an accomplished artist and a "butterfly" artist is experience and confidence. I enjoy watching artists gain confidence through their mistakes and frustrations as well as celebrate with them in their successes and triumphs.

1. Jacq Christensen. Her blog is "Jacq's Fibers."

2. Jan Shelton (Dove). Her blog is "Morning Dew."

3. Hanna Kersch. Her blog is "Hanna's Quilt Page."

4. Debbie Garrett. Her blog is "Heart Felt Art."

5. Stephanie Pettengell. Her blog is "Honey Bee."

6. Colleen Olson. Her blog is "Parrish the Artist."

7. Regina Gansen Rooks. Her blog is "RGR Designs."

Okay, now I'm off to emailing these "Lucky Seven"! Or maybe I'll wait a few days and see if they find this post and get a "shock." ;-D

Participation is voluntary. No obligation.

9 comments:

Jacq said...

Okay I'm "shocked" I enjoyed learning more about you. You have lived a very interesting life

morningDove said...

Well here it is early morning Saturday and I sit paralyzed and sick to my stomach. Things like this are overwhelming to me. Oh boy Fannie, I found it. now what, think, girl, think. Seven things, I don't even know me. lol

Fannie said...

Good day, Jacq and Dove!

Jacq, once you are over the "shock," share some information about yourself so I can learn more about you. I'm sure you have lived an interesting life too.

Awww, did I ruffle some of your "feathers," Dove? ;-D You're describing in words what I was feeling this past week. We're kindred spirits.

Thanks to your visits, I may only need to send "five" e-mails...maybe...participation is voluntary--no obligation. Have fun.

Stephanie Pettengell said...

oops a daisy, I felt safe and secure and now it's all just a little bit scary. I enjoyed learning all about you Fannie but at this moment I have been nowhere and have done nothing, I think I am loosing my memory. I couldn't get onto comments yesterday so I have blogged about being tagged, I was waiting your email!

Fannie said...

Hi, Stephanie! You weren't able to leave a comment on my blog? Sorry about that. I wonder why?

Anything you share about you will be interesting because your life is uniquely yours. I didn't think the "stuff" I posted was interesting, but I guess it is to others who don't know me.

Participation is voluntary--no obligation. ;-D

Parrish70 said...

Hi Fannie,
Sorry, I seem to be on the slow side! Thank you for tagging me, I am surprised. I will have to think a while and see what I can come up with. =)
Colleen

Fannie said...

You're welcome, Colleen. I look forward to learning more about you.

Regina Gansen Rooks said...

Having been so inspired by your work last week, I am honored to be tagged by you.
*deep breath*
Thank you very much!
Blessings to you!

Fannie said...

Hi, Regina. I am eager to learn more about you.