Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Winter Tree

Winter Tree, Art Quilt, (7" x 7")
Fannie Narte

This is my rendering of a leafless tree I saw in our neighborhood recently. I was fascinated by its structure, its lines, and its dark silhouette against a morning sky. This tree was sandwiched between two houses, but when I saw it, my mind's eye surrounded the tree with empty space. It looked like a goblet. There was a gentle breeze, and its delicate branches seemed to dance with nature's sounds. Although this tree will soon be covered with green leaves in the spring, it is beautiful just as it is without its leaves in the winter.

9 comments:

morningDove said...

Winter tree indeed does look like a goblet. You should post a pic of the real tree too. I love your technique and the beauty of your pieces.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Dove.

Joanna van said...

Fannie, this is just beautiful so symbolic of how beautiful a winter tree can be

Fannie said...

Hi, Joanna. This piece has so many symbolisms--aging, but still able to dance; weathered, but strong; "alone"; beauty in simplicity, etc. I thought about these ideas while working on this piece. Do you go into a meditative zone while creating? Always good to see you. Thanks for looking.

Joanna van said...

It's really nice to hear your thought process behind your piece. It really makes you observe and look more in detail into your piece. Beautiful symbolism! I love your work Fannie.

Leslie said...

Fannie,
The tree really struck me - I am a huge Andrew Wyeth fan and one thing his works have taught me is winter and the bareness of it helps one to see the real beauty of nature.... You have been a wonderful inspiration in all of your works...
Leslie (atm39..)

Hanna said...

What a wonderful quilt,
I love it -
Hanna

Fannie said...

Thanks, Hanna. Nice to see you.

Fannie said...

Welcome, Leslie. Nice to see you. I'm glad you found inspiration here.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and positive energy in the group.
Fannie