Saturday, March 15, 2008

“E is for Egg”—Fabric Postcard

"E is for Egg," Fabric Postcard, Swarovski crystal, (4" x 6")
Fannie Narte


This is another postcard for Meander Publishing's exhibit and sale at the HMQS 2008 benefitting the Children's Miracle Network, a non-profit organization founded in 1983 by the Osmond family. The postcards will be available for purchase for $25 each at the show from May 8 through 10 in the Meander Publishing's Booth #404.

Click HERE for more information regarding this exhibit.

The ABCs of Reading

Working on these alphabet postcards for the Cards for Kids exhibit and sale reminded me of a GREAT Website I want to share with you--Starfall.com. Starfall is an excellent, high-quality educational Website primarily designed for first graders. However, it is also useful for pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and second graders. It is perfect for home schooling. Some of the links on this site are: ABCs, Art Gallery, Magic, Music, Poetry, and many more. This is a fun Website for Tremayne and I when Mason and Kiki come over for a visit. One of the great things about this site--it's FREE! With a site like this, anyone can learn to read. Let me know what you think about Starfall's Website.

Enjoy your time with your children and grandchildren,
Fannie

8 comments:

Beth said...

Fannie, I love these little postcards. They are so colorful and cheerful!

Fannie said...

Thanks, Beth!

morningDove said...

"E"ggtra special that's you. I'll check out the website on reading,etc. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Dove. I'm having a relaxing weekend. Hope you are too.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...oh wow!!! I justed checked out this blog for the first time ....I love all your fabric work...amazing stuff...thanks for looking at all my archives...lol...I relied on my main web site for a while and people kept e-mailing me about a link to my blog...so I finally created one and I am so addicted to it....I love the wonderful and creative people it has enabled me to meet...just like you!!!

Have a great day and I will definately pop by both your blogs...

Cheers,
Diana

Fannie said...

Hi, Diana. Your blog and artwork are inspiring. Especially like your venture into surface designs.

Honor Bowden said...

Wow, your postcards are really wonderful! I love seeing art created with fabrics.

Fannie said...

Hi, Honor, Welcome! Nice to see you here. I love your artwork too!