Saturday, March 8, 2008

Jungle Songs 1--Laurel Burch

Tiger, by Laurel Burch, (4" x 2.5")
Licensed Designs Collection, Oklahoma Embroidery Supply & Design
Jungle Songs #1, Collection #47831

I don't know what I'm going to do with this yet, but I have many ideas. I couldn't wait to get home and start stitching this image. I think it's a tiger. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.

I think I may use this in a bookmark trade I'm participating in FAT (Fiber Art Traders). I may stitch another one in different colors to use on my journal that I'll be making with Sue Bleiweiss in a class beginning March 31. There are eighteen designs in this collection. I could stitch them up and make a wall hanging, or make postcards, or decorate a purse, or . . . .

Laurel Burch's art is wonderful! What would you do with this embroidery design?

Hope you're having a great weekend! Remember to change your clocks tonight--Spring forward.

2 comments:

Jacq said...

Your tiger is very nice. Laurel Burch was a very talented artist. How about a quilt or something on a jacket.

Fannie said...

A jacket sounds like a great idea, Jacq.