Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Leopard 2, Design by Laurel Burch

Leopard 2, Design by Laurel Burch
Licensed Designs Collection, Oklahoma Embroidery Supply & Design
Jungle Songs #1, Collection #47831
Fannie Narte

My eagerness to stitch this wonderful image yesterday resulted in a piece that was not what I hoped for. This new piece, Leopard 2, is a simple composition--compared to yesterday's piece. The intricate design of the Leopard "pops" with the brilliant colors in the background. I don't think it needs anything else.

Sometimes creating spontaneously results in undesirable surprises. Sketching and planning a composition is always a good idea for best results. However, I still prefer to work intuitively, even though a piece may not turn out as expected. Each creation brings valuable lessons. The joy in creating is in its process regardless of the outcome.

Enjoy your creative process!

5 comments:

Jacq said...

Another nice piece. I have to work at being spontaneous but I usally over plan most things.

Sherry said...

Fannie, I have these LB designs and it never crossed my mind to use them in this fashion. If your kitties need a home, I'll be glad to send you my address. (blushing) Sherry

Fannie said...

Jacq, planning is an excellent and important part of creating. Bravo! Unfortunately, the impatient and curious side of me just wants to jump right into the freezing water, then find my way back to warmth. ;-D You create beautifully executed art. Your process works. I admire your art.

Sherry, feel free to send me your address. You'll never know what spontaneous surprises you find in your mail box.

morningDove said...

I love our mother/child or father/child leopard. Hugs are always a necessary part of growing up, well an continuing to grow. your Laurel Burch designs are very refreshing.

Fannie said...

Hi, Dove. Yes, hugs are essential. Sending hugs to you!