Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Pear of Heart #2

A Pear of Heart #2, Art Quilt, (6" x 6")
Fannie Narte

One of the great qualities of Neocolor II is that you can apply additional color over a piece when it's wet or dry. I'll add more colors to the stem--shades of ochre and browns. The pear could use more contrasting colors too.

This is the second out of six variations of this art quilt I plan to create in different colors. These will be mounted onto a wrapped canvas. My friend, Beth, inspired this idea. Among many of her art-related activities, Beth is an art teacher and a talented artist.

Thanks for your suggestion, Beth.

I feel fortunate to have many artist-friends who care and share.
Fannie

12 comments:

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Fannie....I love your little art pieces. Very original.

Beth said...

Oh Fannie, these are going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm glad that I could 'help' inspire you, but your creativity is amazing! Thanks for the compliments!

Sue B said...

Love this Fannie! Such great color in this piece. Nicely done.

Fannie said...

Welcome, Brigitte! Thanks for stopping by.

I visited your Website. Wonderful work! I'll be watching your work on your latest large piece, learning your process.

Fannie said...

Beth, this project will give me a chance to work with color combinations, in addition to honing my sewing and painting skills. I'm studying Egyptology currently. I plan to add small triangles with hieroglyphs in each that spell: harmony and unity. What do you think?

Fannie said...

Hi, SueB! Thanks for your comments.

I'm so excited about class! All my supplies are in.

Jacq said...

Love the pear and the colors are wonderful.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Jacq.

Kate said...

These pears are really pretty. It will be nice to see them altogether whenthey are completeed.

You have so many talents!

Fannie said...

Hi, Kate. Yes, these are fun to render. I feel like I'm a "kid" again, creating without "noises" of judgment in my head.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...I love your latest pear...your so right about color and it will look amazing with the six variations...I can't wait to see it all together...

Beth has a great idea...nice to have inspiring friends...

I pop by your blog daily for inspiration and to enjoy all your beautiful work...

Cheers,
Diana

Fannie said...

Hi, Diana. Yes, it is nice to have inspiring friends. You are one of my inspirations. ;-D

Love your work!