Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Pear of Heart Felt Pin

A Pear of Heart, Felt Pin, (2" x 2.5")
Fannie Narte

Felt Pin Class With Susan Sorrell

I took a "Felt Pin" online class through Joggles with Susan Sorrell. Susan's lessons were easy to follow, and the techniques she taught were different and exciting.

I'm in the pear-heart mode, as you can see. At first, I outlined the pear shape with turquoise beads and the leaf with gold beads. After studying it, I "unsewed" the beads because it hid the stitching. I don't know if that was a good call or not, but I like the end results.

This was a fun class and stretched my imagination. Navigating the classroom site was easy. Sewing the beads was time-consuming, but it was a good project while watching/listening to my set of Egyptology DVDs. ;-D

JOURNAL MAKING FOR THE FIBER ARTIST WITH SUE BLEIWEISS

My next online class is with Sue Bleiweiss. She posted Lesson 1 today! Hurray!

Learning new things, exploring different media, and making new friends--a nice combination.
Fannie


7 comments:

Tangled Threads said...

Your pin is very nice. I've been tempted to take a class from Susan Sorrell before, but haven't yet. The doodling class appeals to me. Nice work.

Sherry said...

Hey Fannie, nice work once again. Dove convinced me to take SueB's class that starts May 9th. I'm all signed up and now to go shopping.

Fannie said...

Welcome, Tangled Threads. The doodling class with Susan sounds intriguing. I'm sure you'll learn lots. She offers great instructions, inspiration and lots of encouragement. Good luck!

Hey Sherry. SueB's class on the 9th--Hurray! It'll be fun to learn together. Have fun shopping.

Jacq said...

Fannie, I love your pin. I took Susan's pin class last fall and enjoyed it. I'm excited to get started with our jounal making.

Fannie said...

Hi, Jacq. Working with beads and embroidery as embellishments are a stretch for me. It's always good to learn something new that moves one in a different direction.

I'm excited about the journal making class too. Do you use Pelmet Vilene or a substitute?

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...

what a great pin! I am learning new things each and every time I visit your wonderful blog...love the quote at the end of your post ...making wonderful new friends...so true...

have a wonderful day and keep creating beautiful things...

Cheers,
Diana

Fannie said...

Hi, Diana~

I'm glad you feel like you're learning new things with each visit.

Yes, creating art, a loving family, wonderful friends--I'm rich!