Thursday, March 6, 2008

Purple Heart--ACEO

Purple Heart, ACEO, 2.5" x 3.5"
Fannie Narte

Playing with fabric paper again.

Background:
I used a piece of fabric paper from a previous post and painted it with violet Neocolor II and gold watercolors. Using the small red heart rubber stamp shown below and black solvent ink, I stamped heart images randomly over the painted background.

Purple Heart Button:
A purple heart button was made from translucent shrink plastic that was stamped with purple dye ink using the large rubber stamp heart shown below, and trimmed. I punched two holes in the center of the heart with a paper punch. A heat gun was used to shrink the heart to approximately 70 percent of its original size. I added more gold paint over the heart and threaded a string of beads that are attached to the button holes.

The small heart rubber stamp titled "Scribble Heart," is by Hero Arts. This is an old rubber stamp. I couldn't find this stamp offered on their Web site.

The large heart rubber stamp titled "Sketch of My Heart," is by Rubber Stampede. Again, this is an old rubber stamp. I couldn't find a Web site for Rubber Stampede to provide a link for you. Sorry.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

This piece is very nice Fannie, congratulations ! I suppose that it must be difficult to work on ACEO, because of the smallest piece of paper fabric. This is a "plus" for the excellent quality of your work !