Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Simply Elegant Bookmark

Simply Elegant, Bookmark, (1" x 6")
Fannie Narte



"Simply Elegant" was made from my last remaining piece of one of my first Neocolor II painting experiments. This was one of my favorite painted fabrics. I like the color combination of pink and lavender, and the salt gave it texture. A piece of pink silk ribbon is sandwiched between the front and back layers. A shiny silver charm is attached to the silk ribbon symbolizing the "light" that one can gain from reading.

Expand your mind.
Fannie

4 comments:

Diana Evans said...

oh wow...I love this bookmark...great colors...Fannie ...your sewing is so perfect!!! and the shiny charm is a nice touch...

wonderful work...

Cheers,
Diana

Sue B said...

This is the loveliest bookmark that I've ever seen!

Fannie said...

Thanks for your cheers, Diana.

What a kind compliment, Sue. I can't wait for the end of the month! ;-D

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oooh Fannie. This is so pretty. What an interesting and unique bookmark.