Sunday, March 9, 2008

Trees, by Kathryn

Trees by Kathryn Watson, Fabric Postcard, (4" x 6")
Photographed by Ku'ulei

The Internet and the world of blogging has extended my circle of friendships globally. I'm sure this is true for many of you. I received this wintry fabric postcard from Kathryn of Catonsville, Maryland. This is not a postcard exchange, although I will send one of my creations to her. Kathryn is a visitor to my blog who prefers to send her comments by e-mail, which is most welcomed. Our conversations have been delightful, and she freely shares her wisdom and artwork with me.

These two trees were free-motion embroidered onto stabilizer and added to the background fabric with more stitching. She made these as a part of her online class with Quilt University. Her wonderful postcard reminds me of our recent snowfall on Thursday.

The snow was falling when I took these photos. This is our back yard, one of my hibiscus trees.


Another shot of the tree with a wider view. The snow was falling for about a half an hour. Within a few hours, the snow covered everything like a blanket. Schools closed early. It took Tremayne an hour and a half to drive home from work, which usually takes him a half hour. I missed having snow at Christmastime. The snow was a treat for those like me, who can enjoy it from home.

Thanks for the excellent postcard, Kathryn. Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Jacq said...

The snow looks like fun. We have had very little this year, I think it all went south.

Fannie said...

I was so excited to have snow. It was a treat!

Beth said...

Hey Fannie. Its fun to get the snow isn't it. I just sit and watch it fall. Its funny how it stuck to the fence!

Fannie said...

Hey, Beth. The snow was lots of fun.