Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Vase of Flowers--ACEO

Vase of Flowers, ACEO, (2.5" x 3.5")
by Fannie Narte

Working small allows me to experiment with different ideas. I attempted to create a sturdy wood-grain surface, but instead, the vase of flowers looks like it sits on a piece of wood-grain fabric. Here is an example that shows why there are times that rules need to be broken. A continuous line of stitching does not work in this design--unless you're entering Dali's world of surrealism and attempting to create "soft wood" like his soft timepieces. ;-D

Enjoy!

5 comments:

kiwicarole said...

Ilike your wood grain surface, I think the fact that it doesn't look perfect, makes it look more realistic. What thread did you stipple the background with? Very effective! :) Carole

Fannie said...

Hi, Kiwi Carole. Welcome to my blog and to the world of blogging.

I stippled with irridescent thread.

Regina Gansen Rooks said...

I think your card is charming, but I would be bothered the same as you are. My brain tells me that vase is going to tip over on that surface! So it's an action picture. LOL Seriously, is it really so noticeable in real life? Seeing it so big on the computer screen makes that effect so dramatic compared to how I imagine it really is in life.
I really like the vase of flowers alot & the way the background was done.

Regina Gansen Rooks said...

I think your card is charming, but I would be bothered the same as you are. My brain tells me that vase is going to tip over on that surface! So it's an action picture. LOL Seriously, is it really so noticeable in real life? Seeing it so big on the computer screen makes that effect so dramatic compared to how I imagine it really is in life.
I really like the vase of flowers alot & the way the background was done.

Fannie said...

Hi, Regina. We can't have that vase tip over. ;-o The water will spoil the wood--I mean, fabric. ;-D Thanks for your kind and gracious comments.