Friday, April 18, 2008

Fabric Journal 3

Journal, Fabric, (8" x 10")
Fannie Narte

Here's this week's Journal from SueB's online Journal Making class. I changed the dimensions from the class instructions. It's slightly larger. This is a gift for a friend who told me her favorite colors are purple and blue.

I'm not sure how I'll bind this journal. Maybe a ribbon, or maybe twigs like SueB's sample . . . thinking.

Title Page, Watercolors, Ink, (7.5" x 9.5")
Fannie Narte

This is the title page for the journal. This page is a 90 lb. piece of watercolor paper which was painted with blue, purple and gold paints. After it dried, I printed the phrase "Imagine, Create, Inspire" using my inkjet printer. Finally, I stenciled a pansy using pigment inks and heat set it with embossing powder.

Pockets, Watercolor, (4.75" x 2.67")
Fannie Narte


Here are four pockets I made from leftover tags I had from a previous project. I painted eight tags with the same colors as the title page--blue, purple and gold. I cut the tops off of four of the tags and secured them to the other four using black thread and zigzag stitching.

I wondered what I was going to do with the leftover tags--about 70! I think I may make more pockets for the other journals. In the process, I may find other uses for them. Any ideas?

The easiest way to find happiness is to make others happy. Have a great weekend Everyone!
Hi, Kathryn and Bunny.
Fannie

6 comments:

morningDove said...

love the pages and title page. I like the twig idea, very different. 70 tags - pockets are fun

Sherry said...

Oh My! This is beautiful.

Fannie said...

Thanks Dove and Sherry!

Jacq said...

Your journal cover, tags and pages are very nice. This has been a great class.

Regina said...

How about making a Pocket-Book with your tags? ;) You could make a fun cover and bind them with a ring, ribbon, cord...
You could stick fun little surprises in your pockets.
Your new journal cover is very pretty.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Jacq. It's nice to be taking this class with you.

Regina, I appreciate your suggestion. That's on my "To Do" list. Thanks!