Thursday, May 29, 2008

ATCs and Tagged

FRIENDSHIP GARDEN
ATCs from Friends

These ATCs are a part of my "Friendship Garden" wall:

"Seed of Life," by Lisa M. Griffin

Sherry Carrigan made this ATC during Technique Week #1 at Fiber Art Traders group.

"Playing With Paper," is another ATC by Sherry.

"Gold Flower," by Carole Brungar.

ATC by Melinda Schwakhofer. Click here to read Melinda's post describing her "Journey Bundle," which inspired this ATC.

TAGGED

I was tagged twice. Jenna and Stacy, I hope you don't mind my combining the two in one post.

QUILT CRAZY GAL--Jenna Louise

Jenna Louise is a new blogger, and a friend I met in a postcard exchange group. If you visit her blog, you can see her love of quilting from the eye candy there. She also likes to donate her art to help raise money for different organizations. Her blog is "Quilt Crazy Gal Jenna Louise."

MY ARTFUL LIFE--Stacy Kay

Stacy Kay is a new blogger friend who lives in Texas too. Stacy loves to draw and paint. She was recently selected as a member of a design team for Tracy Webster's online store Collective Artwerx. Her blog is "My Artful Life."

Here are the rules:

  1. Link back to me for tagging you

  2. Post these rules on your blog

  3. Share six unimportant things about yourself

  4. Tag 6 blogging friends

SIX UNIMPORANT THINGS ABOUT ME

What are "unimportant things"? Here are six random but hopefully interesting things about me that may be "unimportant" to you:

  1. No. 1 and most important--I enjoy chocolate. I don't need a special occasion to enjoy chocolates. Chocolates were meant to be enjoyed every day. ;-D


  2. I'm a perpetual student. "When is the next online class?"

  3. I like to travel and go on cruises because I get to learn about new places and cultures, and I like to discover life and create memories with my husband. No travel plans or cruises this year . . . . hint, hint—for my hubby.

  4. I like to use my art to help earn money for worthy causes. Service makes the world a better place.

  5. A generous fellow customer anonymously paid for my manicure and pedicure services in a nail shop. This anonymous person told the manager of the nail shop that she wanted to pay for my services because I did a cultural program for her daughter's elementary class. Reciprocity; Generosity is everywhere.


  6. I taught rubber stamping classes to over 200 "enthusiastic," "loud," and "teacher-see-what-I made" teenage girls at a summer camp over a two-day period. This was preparation for being a grandmother—"Mimies, see what I made; play hide-and-seek with me, Mimies!"

MY SIX TAGS

I enjoy visiting many blogs. Here are my six tags:

  1. Tracy's Creative Side

  2. Melinda's Fabric Fancies

  3. Travel, Fibre and Thread

  4. Lisa M. Griffin Illustration

  5. Alis Clair

  6. Life is Art . . . Art is Life

Playing is voluntary. Now off to surprise these six creative friends.

How would you define "unimportant things"?
Fannie

9 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
thank you for the tag! i would love to play! i love your 6 things.
:) melissa

Lisa M Griffin said...

Ohhh what fun. Thanks for the tag. I will get started on this today.

Stacy Kay said...

I am so with you on the whole chocolate thing! I certainly try to enjoy a little every day if possible!

Thank you for the sweet write up about me!

quiltcrazygal said...

Fannie - The cards are just fabulous. I enjoy trading and sharing art. I also want you to know I believe in giving. For the last 5 years, I have a 4-H Quilting Club that makes quilts for donations. 4-H Members ages 12 - 18 and a mentor work together and learn the art of quilting and the importance of service for others. I am so proud to say my goal has been met. My young 4-H members and adults have not only learned the art of quilting, but understand we must help each other and we all can give service to our community in so many ways. We have given quilts to hospice, teen mothers, mothers and children in our local shelter, and this year they will select their own service to donate to. We have a special ceremony at the end of the year. It is a great activity and I will blog the results this summer so you can see. Thanks for playing tag, you are a very special giving person. Cheers, Jenna Louise

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...what a great post and I love all 6 things you posted...I think you and I are the same when it comes to chocolate...I have some each and every day....like it's a vitamin or something.....lol

I answered you on my blog about my process....but here it is in case you missed it....

my process for real people is always starting with a sketch in pencil....but when I am doing some fun and free stuff I love living on the edge and doing it in ink from the beginning....makes it fun to see what comes out....I work traditionally with pen and paper and then do some modifications on-line after scanning....

I love the feel of the pen and paper and love to merge the two worlds ....traditional with technology.....

hugs
Diana

morningDove said...

"Unimportant things" to me does not exist. The things that seem so "unimportant" by others standards are usually the things i know to give clarity, meaning, direction, joy and so much more.

Alis said...

Oooh thanks for the tag ;0) Now I will have to think what to say or rather what to leave out!

Fannie said...

Dove, I'm with you! That was the difficulty I had with this post. Everything is important to me; however, what's important to me is subjective and may not have the same value to others. I guess I'm thinking too deeply . . . again . . .

Guzzisue said...

Thsnks for the tag- guess it may take me a couple of days to think of things so stay tuned :)