Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fabric Papers

Orange and yellow acrylic paints, gold paint, and dried leaves.

Purple and bronze metallic paints, metallic threads and dried leaves.

Orange, yellow and bronze metallic paints, metallic threads, and dried leaves.

Blue metallic and pearlescent white paints, dried flowers and leaves, and silver mica powder.

Fuschia and orange acrylic paints, and dried leaves.

Green, orange and bronze metallic paints, and dried flowers and leaves.

These 10" x 12" fabric papers were made with muslin as its base, and white tissue paper, which were painted with metallic and acrylic paints. Dried flowers, leaves, cotton and metallic threads were also used as embellishments.

Making fabric paper is fun and easy with endless possibilities. Projects go quicker when you have an array of different colors ready for use. These will be used to make collages and ATCs.

Enjoy,
Fannie

10 comments:

StegArt said...

These fabric papers are wonderful. I look forward to seeing what future creations they become.

morningDove said...

you know my passion for orange but i love them all. i've been working on backgrounds too. they are so much fun.

Paula Pertile said...

These are really beautiful Fanny! I can't wait to see what you create with them.

I can't believe I've never made handmade paper...

Forever Young said...

i have enjoyed them a lot thanks fannie, again.

Sherry said...

These are all so unique and beautiful. Like everyone else, can't wait to see what you make with these. Hugs!

Diana Evans said...

wow...these papers are amazing Fannie...you are blowing me away with all these amazing creations...your blog is like a treasure chest filled with all kinds of cool things....I love it!

Melissa & Emmitt said...

fannie, these papers are amazing!
i would love to learn how to make them. wow!

Noel said...

Paper fabric....these are gorgeous pieces Fannie! I wish I could see them close up but when I click on the pic they don't enlarge so i was wondering if you can direct me to a place for the instructions on how to make these....I find this technique intersting, very interesting!

Thanks!

Fannie said...

Thanks for all your comments. I really do appreciate hearing what you think about my art. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

For those who are interested in making fabric paper, here is a link to Quilting Arts, which is how I learned how to make fabric paper.

http://tinyurl.com/yw6r6l

I don't want to keep you waiting for my tutorial. ;-D Go play and have fun.

ScaryCheri said...

oh my gosh what stunning vivid colors. Awesome. Well done. Thanks for the link. Hugz, Scary