Thursday, May 8, 2008

Friendship

Friendship, ATC, (2.5" x 3.5")
Fannie Narte

While cleaning my fabric closet, I came across a piece of fabric I purchased years ago. It "was" for a baby quilt. Time and experience changes one's vision, as I now see each block as an ATC.

Because I had a lot of fabric, I made this ATC three-dimensional by cutting out the basket and fusing it onto some lightweight pellon. The flowers were also fused onto lightweight pellon. I added mini buttons to the flowers and attached them to the basket. The basket and flowers unit were then stitched onto the background fabric with black embroidery floss. To provide unity, I added three heart buttons below the basket, and added "Friendship" printed onto white paper and applied to the background using gel medium.

Although I used "cheater's" fabric to create this ATC, its construction took some time. However, this is a quick and easy option to creating ATCs.

There are four different blocks to this fabric. I think I'll play with each one and see what I create.

What treasures are in your fabric closet?
Fannie

11 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Fannie!
I love your new ATC! I cannot wait to see the other cards you make from the other blocks. Wonderful!
Melissa

Jacq said...

What a nice use of your fabric. Every now and then I'll buy a panel and then the fun is to see what I can do with it.

morningDove said...

what treasures are in my fabric closet? um! good question, maybe I need to investigate and look through your eyes. I love what you did with the cloth.

morningDove said...

what treasures are in my fabric closet? um! good question, maybe I need to investigate and look through your eyes. I love what you did with the cloth.

quiltcrazygal said...

The Friendship ATC is wonderful. I need to go looking in my fabric stash for more ideas! Thanks for visiting my blog! I enjoy yours all the time!

Cheers,

Jenna Louise

Noel said...

Great "Friendship" ATC Fannie. I made my first fabric ATC's last night...I like the way they turned out too! They just need some embellishments now before presenting them on my blog.
I'm trying to learn to keep it simple and not over load them with embellishments....hahaha, easier said then done.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Melissa and Jacq.

Hi, Dove. I imagine you have a collection of potential ATCs in your fabric stash too. ;-D

Hi, Jenna! I enjoy visiting your blog too--inspiring.

Hi, Noel, your first ATCs? Congratulations! Bravo! Embellishing is the fun part--Enjoy! There's no embellishment police, go ahead and overload if it suits you. ;-D

Hanna said...

Fannie, you are making such wonderful things, it's always very interesting to go through your blog.
Happy mothers Day -
Hanna

ScaryCheri said...

Fannie, that ATC is adorable. I love country style fabrics like that, The little bunny makes me smile for sure, lol. Well done. Hugz, Scary

Fannie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Hanna! Always glad to see you. Thanks for my special gift.

Fannie said...

Hi, Scary. Send me your mailing address (my email address is in the side bar of my blog), and I'll send you some of this fabric.

If anyone wants some of this fabric, just e-mail me to let me know. I have lots!!!