Monday, May 5, 2008

Magnolias 2--WIP

Magnolias 2, Art Quilt, (6"x6")
Fannie Narte


"Magnolias 2" is a work in progress. I'm using the Magnolias image to experiment with a variety of techniques.

This version of Magnolias was painted using silk paints on my favorite white cotton fabric with silver glitter. Black gutta was used in this piece, instead of the previous gold gutta or the black thread sketching. Tomorrow I'll finish this quilt by adding some quilting, and maybe some free-motion embroidery in selected areas.

COLLAGE MANIA

IN GRATITUDE
TO A SPECIAL FRIEND
WHO ACQUIRED MY COLLAGE, "IMAGINE"


glitter graphics

Fannie

5 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...wonderful work as always...and congrats on changing the world with your art! I knew that piece would be sold quickly...your passion shows in your work...well done!

quiltcrazygal said...

Fannie,
Your Imagine Collage is breathtaking! I would love to make one for donation next year. Where do I get more information about donations? Thank you! Jennifer Morlock

Fannie said...

Thanks, Diana!

Hi, Jennifer! Click on the link to Collage Mania 2008 located in my side bar. That link will take you to Virginia Spiegel's Website, and you can find contact information there. I'm sure she'll be glad to have your participation.

Jacq said...

CONGRATULATIONS on selling your art quilt. What a great cause.

Fannie said...

Hi, Jenna. There's a link on my side bar for "Fiber Arts For A Cause." If you click it, it will take you to Virginia's Web site. There you will find other projects you may want to participate in. Thanks for your interest in sharing your art by participating to help raise funds for great causes.

Thank you, Jacq. I enjoyed participating in this cause.