Saturday, May 10, 2008

Venus—Fabric Postcard

Venus, Fabric Postcard, (4"x6")
Fannie Narte


After lots of playing, I finally figured out how to use my graphite drawing of Venus in a postcard format. Using an inkjet printer, I printed my cropped drawing onto silk. Pigment was added to her face, eyes, lips and hair ribbon. Before thread painting her hair with variegated thread, I sprayed several layers of workable fixative over the entire piece.

This is for an exchange.

Happy Mother's Day!
Fannie

5 comments:

morningDove said...

this was a fabulous decision and one made wisely. I love the thread work and all the detail in the face. I drool as usual at all your wonderful work. But never tire of looking and pondering.

Jacq said...

This is a beautiful piece. I love the detail that you always put into your work.

Forever Young said...

her eyes are amazing...wish i was good enough, i'd change with you any day!

Fannie said...

Thanks, Dove and Jacq. I appreciate your comments, always.

Forever Young, You are good enough. My idea of an exchange is I give you my best; you give me your best. ;-D

Melinda Cornish said...

This is really beautiful! I love that it is done on silk and I love the fiber added to the hair...Melinda