Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fabric Paper Purse

Kiki's Purse, (8.5" x 7" x 2")
Fannie Narte

Here's a view of the back:

A view of the side:



Kiki likes to talk about the birdie on my "Singing Sweetly" paper quilt, which is displayed on my kitchen counter, whenever she comes for a visit.

"Birdie," "Birdie!"

So I created a birdie of her very own, on her very own purse.

THE DESIGN

This purse was designed around the bamboo handles, which also determined the size of the purse. There are four pattern pieces: front and back, sides, bottom and handle attachments. Pellon Peltex 72 was fused onto the front, back and bottom fabric paper pieces for stability. The sides and handle attachment pieces were not stabilized. Each piece was lined with dark green fabric and zigzag stitched using black thread. The bird appliqué was fused onto the front and thread sketched with black thread. A blue Swarovski crystal was placed in the bird's eye.

ADD EMBELLISHMENTS

Beads, buttons, yarns, charms, etc. could be added as embellishments. This pattern would be great as a quilted fabric purse or a crazy quilt purse. I'll play with those ideas.

KIKI NEEDS A . . .

No doubt Kiki will carry her cell phone, her sunglasses, and several baggies filled with snacks from Mimies pantry in her purse. Maybe she needs her very own journal too . . . with a birdie on the cover. She can learn to sketch her own birdies. Hmmmm . . . .

If you were creating this purse, what would your purse look like?
Fannie

13 comments:

StegArt said...

You are on a roll with fabric paper! The purse is fabulous!

Fannie said...

Thanks to you and SueB!!!!

Sherry said...

CUTE! Kiki is the luckiest girl on earth right now. Fannie, you and your talent just goes on and on and.......Thanks for sharing with us.

Sue B said...

Fannie this is brilliant!

Jacq said...

Kiki's purse is wonderful. I love the way you are using fabric paper.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I wish I could create that purse! You really do amaze me with the lovely items you create and display on your site. This is no exception! Fantastic piece and wonderful gift.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Fannie!
Oh! I just love your purse! You should sell them or the pattern in your Etsy store! Have you opened it yet?
My purse would have a pug on it!
You are so creative!
XO
Melissa

Regina said...

This is so sweet.
As for what I would do...
I am seeing a big, bold sunflower.

Regina said...

This is so sweet.
As for what I would do...
I am seeing a big, bold sunflower.

Ku'ulei said...

Kiki is lucky to get this purse! She does love her "Birdies"! :) I love Fleur de lis! Oh!... ;D

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this purse is amazing....I am blown away by your creativity...your fabric paper is amazing....

I can only imagine what you will create next,,

Noel said...

A Kiki is one special person! Your purse is amazing...as is all your art my love!
My purse...hmmm it would have to be purple with some wild bright colors on it as well....not too big and oh some bling!!!

Fannie said...

Thanks for your comments, Everyone. I can see that some of your purses would look amazing. Your ideas are all great!

Melissa, selling the purses or pattern in my Etsy store are great ideas. Thanks!