Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ms. Lady Bug

Ms. Lady Bug, Art Quilt, (8" x 10")
Fannie Narte


This is one of my earlier Neocolor art quilts. The entire quilt was painted with Neocolor II Watersoluble Wax Pastels and the black circle dots are made black cotton fabric appliques. The painting was thread sketched with black thread, and the background was stipple quilted with irridescent thread. The edges are finished with my signature satin stitch combination using green variegated thread. She's embellished with Swarovski crystals.

INTERESTING LADY BUG FACTS

* A ladybug will beat its wings 85 times per second when it flies
* Aphids are a ladybug's favorite food
* Ladybugs chew from side to side not up and down like people do

AAQI DEDICATION

This quilt will be donated to AAQI to help raise funds in support of Alzheimer's research. It is dedicated to nature lovers of the world.

Source:

Trivia: Is the life cycle of a lady bug between four to six weeks or four to six months? Make a guess.
Fannie

8 comments:

Doreen K. said...

Well, I will take a stab at 4 - 6 wks. Seems they are not around too long. Love you neocolor paintings on muslin. Of course the stippling looks fabulous too.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I would guess 4-6 weeks too! Beautiful piece, really charming.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I would say 4-6 weeks too. Love this ladybug she is really charming.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
oh what a beautiful quilt! you never cease to amaze me!
i think it is 4-6 weeks.
xo
m

Ku'ulei said...

I'll go 4-6 months, for a little opposition and high hopes! Poor little guys. I don't like aphids! :)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie....

I am a huge fan of the lady bug...I am blessed to have these wonderful bugs in my garden...they are very good to have ....

they live for a year...they hatch in spring and immediately start eating the bad bugs on your property....

they even sell them to people that need them for their gardens...who knew they were so special...

hugs
and have a great weekend!!!

Diana

Fannie said...

Thanks for your visits, Everyone. According to Lady Bug Facts, the life cycle of a lady bug is four to six weeks.

This short life cycle reminds me to make the best of every moment with loved ones, which includes friends. Thanks for your friendships!

Noel said...

Lady Bugs are my favorite...this is a beautiful piece of art and I hope your etsy is going well!!!

Hugs,
Noel