Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pansy Vase

Pansy Vase, Fabric Paper, (13" x 6" x 2")
Fannie Narte

SueB calls this project "Curvy Vase." This is my version of her curvy vase, which is from Lesson 5 from her "Mixed Media Surfaces for the Fiber Artist" online class. I created this vase by fusing fabric paper onto Pellon Peltex 72 and lined the insides with fabric. A fabric paper pansy applique with leaves were fused to both sides of the vase's outer surfaces, and thread stitched with black thread. Soy silk fibers were trapped between gold angelina fibers to make a delicate sheet, which is used to frame the pansy. It adds shine and texture.

A view of one side of the vase.

A view of the reverse side of the vase.

ARTISTIC EXPRESSIONS--EXPRESSIONLESS

So far I've taken two classes from SueB. She took a contented fiber artist--who was happy with her experiments in colored pencils and watercolors--on a creative journey into a land of endless creative possibilities. My poor colored pencils and watercolors blog, Artistic Expressions, has suffered neglect from my recent experiments.

A CREATURE WITHOUT A NAME

Now what? I feel like an artist who has morphed into a creature without a name. I think it's time to combine the different techniques I've learned so far and create unique art. Perhaps I may even find my "own style." That would be great! Or . . . perhaps I'll take another creative journey . . . .

Are you on a creative journey?
Fannie

12 comments:

Jacq said...

Your vase looks great. I agree, Sue has taken me on a journey to wonderful places. Now, where do I what to go next?

Sue B said...

That vase is gorgeous Fannie. I'm glad to hear that I've opened the door to new possibilities for you to explore :)

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Fannie...what an awesome vase. Love it.

StegArt said...

Fabulous vase!

Sherry said...

The creature is named "Artist" in any media and/or technique. Regardless of the material used, you create beautiful art.

morningDove said...

America and their "Horse With No Name". I've been out in the desert on a Horse With No Name. now i have that song in my head. that's what Creature With No Name reminds me of. But "if" you have been in a desert so-to-speak I am glad I have been part of the traveling band with you. Your vase is oh-hoo-one of my favorite sherbet colors.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...wow...


these fabric papers you make and use in all types of art are amazing...and you are special and unique as is your art....

you are a wonderful creature...lol...and your work is very unique....but I love that you challenge yourself each and every day and open your heart to learning wonderful new things...

thanks for sharing your art with us....

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Fannie!
Your vase is amazing! I will have to go and check out Sue's classes.
You are an amazing artist!
Melissa

Forever Young said...

lovely shape to this vase, like it...i feel i'm on a creative journey sometimes, but mostly i am just playing....

Forever Young said...

lovely shape to this vase, like it...i feel i'm on a creative journey sometimes, but mostly i am just playing....

Melinda Cornish said...

i think you do have your own style. it is soft and thought provoking...I love the vase...it is really nice...Melinda

freebird said...

The vase is lovely. I agree with Sherry, the name is artist. You'll dabble in lots of ways but some will become favorites and the rest will be tools. When you want to create you'll reach for one and add others as needed. You are still the one doing the creating and so - the artist!