Saturday, June 21, 2008

Put Good Into the Day

Put Good Into the Day, Mixed Media, (2.375" x 4.75")
Fannie Narte


This is one of the tags I painted for an online group's workshop a while back, but embellished today. I thought this would be appropriate for my post for today because I was tagged by my friend, Freebird, aka "Timaree."

"Put Good Into the Day.
And they will
make the day good."

I purchased the vintage image on his tag from the site: Enchanted Mercantile. If you enjoy creating altered books, journals, etc., using copyright-free vintage images, you may be interested in visiting this site. They offer images on CDs, collage sheets or downloaded files. This site allows you to use their collection of images in your artwork for both personal AND resale. Visit the site for more detailed information about their restrictions.

TAGGED

Freebird created a tag for her "Tagged" post, which I thought was a good idea.

"The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.”

Here are my responses, Freebird:

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

Whoa, that was a long time ago! I was very busy at that time. I was working as a part-time bookkeeper, which included responsibilities as a Quick Books trouble shooter, and servicing clients onsite. I also taught dance classes and rubber stamp classes, and managed and was a member of our family's performing group.

2. What are five things on my to do list?

* Clean my garage
* Clean my office
* Learn Adobe Photoshop
* Learn Adobe Illustrator
* Complete my quilt for the "Breaking Traditions" quilt exhibit

3. Snacks I enjoy

That's easy! Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate. I like to kid about eating chocolate. I do enjoy it, but I exaggerate a bit. ;-D I enjoy veggie platters.

I also enjoy homemade caramel popcorn. I created my own recipe, which my family enjoys and make requests for especially around the holidays. It's especially yummy when mixed with macadamia nuts and coconut. Maybe I'll share the "secret" recipe in an upcoming post.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire.

Timaree's responses to this question reveals her generous nature.

What would I do . . . . I would set aside a large amount in an investment portfolio which would include real estate, stocks, etc. I would use the remainder to pay off the mortages of my daughter's homes and my mom's home, and donate to my favorite charities.

A portion of the funds would be used to establish an art retreat site which would include a building to provide working artists with studios, and rooms for workshops where artists from all over the world could come and share their techniques with interested students. The building would also include lecture halls, a gallery, a computer lab, and bathrooms (;-D).

5. Places I have lived.

To make it easy, I'll name states: Hawaii, California and Texas.

6. Peeps I want to know more about.

Everyone interested in sharing!

I think I'll participate in this part of the game by saying that I enjoy learning about you when you share your responses to the prompts I leave at the end of most of my posts. I read all of them. I am enriched by your comments because they offer different ways of seeing, and I am inspired by your responses.

I recently learned that I could reply to comments by email. So I've been responding to comments privately a majority of the time, and I type responses to this blog's comment module when I feel that my responses will benefit readers too.

Okay, Timaree, here are my peeps. Sorry it took long to post this. Thanks for the tag. Enjoy.

Put good in your day, everyday.
Fannie

4 comments:

freebird said...

I can see by your 10 years ago answer that you have always been good at doing a lot of things at once. My daughter is like that too as was my mother. Me, I get distracted and forget what I was doing first!

Mmmm, macadamia nuts and coconut in caramel corn. Sounds yummy. I now make mine in the microwave and it's ready much sooner so I can eat it sooner!

It's surprising how many in the arts answering this meme want to make artist retreats or studios. I think there is a big need for the sharing side of everyone's creativity.

Thanks for answering Fannie. It lets everyone know a little more about you and it's fun to read the answers!

Jacq said...

Nice use of the tag. Mine are still unused. It is always fun to learn more about my friends. Thank you for sharing.

Guzzisue said...

finding out a little more about you all the time....I agree with chocolate :-)

Lisa M Griffin said...

What a wonderful post, not only the lovely tag but all the lovely information. I knew you liked chocolate but didn't realize you once taught dance classes? Not that I am surprised, you always seem to be so open and responsive to the world around you, and do appreciate all the wonderful avenues that the art world encompasses. And a quick FYI, Adobe.com offers lots of little tutorials and help guides for their programs... I have used them myself when I have been in a pinch!
Have a good night and thanks for sharing!