Saturday, June 28, 2008

Smell the Roses

Smell the Roses, Art Quilt, (8" x 10")
Fannie Narte
Available for purchase in my
Etsy Shop

TAKE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES

Sometimes one can get caught in the whirlpool of responsiblities, projects and goals and forget to take some time to "Smell the Roses."

THE CREATION of "Smell the Roses"

This painting was produced with Neocolor II Watersoluble Wax Pastels onto muslin and thread sketched with black thread. It's embellished with Swarovski crystals. The edges are finished with my signature satin stitch combination using green variegated thread.

Take some time to "Smell the Roses."
Fannie

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Whew, after this past week, I really appreciate the beautiful rose and the reminder. I think I'll take some time to smell the roses today.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
your rose quilt is amazing!
i love it!
xo
melissa

Diana Evans said...

this piece is stunning and so perfect....I am seeing all of my roses coming up...and you just reminded me to take the time to enjoy them....

hugs

Fannie said...

Sherry, sounds like you had a busy week. I imagine it was a productive one too. Hope you feel rejuvenated.

Nice to see you, Melissa! Thanks for stopping by.

Diana, welcome back. You must have enjoyed "smelling roses" on your recent mini vacation. How wonderful to return home to real roses in your garden. Nice.

Heather P said...

I love, love, love this piece!

Noel said...

My favorite smell is the fresh earth smell...early in the morning when everything from the trees to the grass is waking up to start a new day!
Hugs,
Noel