Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sprinkle Hearts

Sprinkle Hearts, Art Quilt, (7.75" x 8.75")
Fannie Narte


"Sprinkle Hearts" is one of my Neocolor II quilt experiments. The entire piece was painted with Neocolor II onto muslin and thread stitched using black and gold threads. Swarovski crystals are added as highlights, and gold fabric paint was randomly added.

I portrayed the idea that those who sprinkle hearts or spread kindness usually go unnoticed and oftentimes roam anonymously. They drop their kindnesses unobtrusively and leave without fanfare.

THE INSPIRATION FOR "SPRINKLE HEARTS"

"Sprinkle Hearts" was inspired by a good friend who spreads cheer, kindness, love, spirituality, honesty and her special brand of plain-ole-goodness. She "sprinkles hearts" in all her messages to everyone, everywhere, and to me. We first met in a postcard exchange group.

Do you know someone like this? I'm sure you do.

My friend's name is "Morning Dove."

REFLECTING--Heart Sprinklers

This quilt was originally created in February of this year. While preparing this quilt to add to my Etsy store, I thought of all the special people in my life who "sprinkle hearts."

FAMILY

My husband calls me every day to see how my day's going. He e-mails me each morning to give me his "1-4-3" message. My daughters and grandchildren make me feel special and needed all the time. I know their love for me is unconditional.

FRIENDS

Another good friend is Jacq. We share the same birthday! If you post comments to my blog, you'll usually see her name. She, too, sprinkles hearts.

Then there's Bunny--a fellow AAQI quilt donor, who visits my site daily and sends me e-mails occasionally and gifts frequently--another heart sprinkler. My heart sprinklers list is long.

STRANGERS

Spreading kindness and unconditional love transcends familial boundaries. Imagine what this world would be like if the sprinkling of hearts became as important as the buzz about today's gas prices.

DEDICATION

Do you know someone who always has a kind word, sends you e-mails or notes "Just Because," sends you surprises in the mail, calls you because they're thinking of you, gives you a "Bear Hug" whenever you meet, listens to you when you have something exciting to share, and listens to you without judgment when you have concerns?

This art quilt is dedicated to all of you heart sprinklers.

Sprinkle those hearts.
Fannie

11 comments:

StegArt said...

Love this one!

morningDove said...

oh I love this little birdie piece. I must try to do a bird of some kind bc I am so attracted to all the birds out there. You are such a joy and encourager fannie. We all love you so very much. and heres to many more friends all over the world coming your way. And 28 days away from your blog anniversary.

Sherry said...

Fannie, another beautiful piece. You and Dove have sure "sprinkled" my heart!

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Fannie!
Oh my goodness, I love this piece!
You are a Heart Sprinkler my friend!
Have a wonderful day!
Melissa

Lisa M Griffin said...

What another lovely piece you have created. I really like the design behind the bird as it seems to mimic a traditional quilt design. The colors are so pleasing and the overall design is quite charming.
Wonderful as always Fannie! =)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...what a great piece! I love the bird...and the hearts are perfect...I also love your shop!!!!

I can't wait to get the atc !!!

Hugs
Diana

rbaird said...

Excellent post and artwork! You so inspire me Fannie!
Cheers to you! You got your Etsy shop going!!!!

Jacq said...

Thank you for your kind comments. Your bird is very nice, I do need to buy some Neocolor II.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I love this little bird- the piece seems to just glow.

freebird said...

You! are a heart sprinkler. You make everyone feel good and valued.

My sister - the one two years older than me- is a heart sprinkler. She is the one I can say anything to and know she'll hold it with love and make it better whether it starts out as good or bad, it gets better as she listens.

Clevelandgirlie said...

Fannie - I do believe this is my favorite pieces of yours -- thus far. The subject matter, the symbolism, the colors and the nature of the piece brings wonderful and gentle thoughts to mind. What a special treasure this is. Bravo!