Monday, July 28, 2008

Awards

ARTE Y PICO AWARD

I received this award from Cheryl who blogs at Scrappy Cat, and Melinda, who blogs at Melinda's Fabric Fancies.

The rules for this award are:

1. Post an image of the Arte y pico award and link back to the person who gave you this award.

2. Select 5 blogs that you feel deserve this award based on creativity, design, interesting content, and contribution to the blogger community, no matter what language.

3. Provide the name of the author of each of the five award-winners and include links to their blogs.

4. Include a link to the "Arte y pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. Show these rules.

BRILLANTE WEBLOG AWARD

I received this award from Jeanne who blogs at All Things Quilty.

The rules for award acceptance are as follows:

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.

2. Add a link to the person who gave you this award.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Provide links of the nominated blogs.

5. Leave a message at each blog you have nominated.



OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE

I believe one of the purposes of blog awards is to showcase blogs. Oftentimes we offer these awards to people we know. I'm going to venture outside of my comfort zone.

Changing the rules a bit by combining these two awards, but keeping the spirit of the purpose of blog awards, I offer these two awards to each of the following bloggers. Although I have made comments on some of these blogs, I have not met most of these artists . . . yet--wish me luck.

These list of bloggers are a diverse group of artists. I enjoy visiting their blogs, and I believe they are all qualified to receive these two awards.


MY LIST OF NOMINATIONS

1. Lisa, who blogs at Lisa E's Letters, Fiber, Art & More.

2. Kelly, who blogs at Kelly Rae: Taking Flight Into Art, Love and Life.

3. Gail, who blogs at Shabby Cottage Studio.

4. Natalya, who blogs at Natalya Aikens, Fiber Artist.

5. Jane, who blogs at JaneVille.

6. Ro Bruhn, who blogs at Ro Bruhn Art.

7. Traci, who blogs at Creativity Unleashed.


THANK YOU!

Thanks, Cheryl, Melinda and Jeanne for honoring me with these awards.

Now . . . to introduce myself and inform these nominees of their awards . . .


I hope you enjoy visiting these blogs. This diverse group is sure to inspire.
Fannie

10 comments:

Plain Jane said...

Fannie, thanks so much for nominating for two awards!! waay cool. I will try and get them on my site, along with nominees, but I'm rushing around this week preparing to teach at Art Unraveled next week. It's been a waay busy summer for me.
thanks so much!!
Jane LaFazio

Fannie said...

Hi, Jane~

No need to rush on the posting. Have fun at your class. I'm sure you'll be a success and your students will be filled with inspiration.

Enjoy!

Ro Bruhn said...

Congratulations on your awards and thanks so much for nominating my blog. I love your papers in an earlier post. Your work is very inspiring. Thanks again.

Fannie said...

Thank you, Ro!

Melinda Cornish said...

I am glad to see it on your blog...You deserve it...Melinda

DeBee said...

Congrats on the awards! But did you have to nominate such wonderful people? I was immediately hooked with a few and had to order a couple of books right away (even though payday isn't until Friday)! :-) Congratulations again!

Fannie said...

Thanks for the honor, Melinda.

DeBee~
I'm glad you enjoyed visiting my nominees. I selected these bloggers after careful thought, which took some time. These artists are all different, and their passion shows when you visit their sites. Thanks for your feedback.

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Hi Fannie,
Congrats on your awards! And thanks for nominating my blog! How kind you are. I'll try to get them up on my blog but I'm swimming in busy-ness right now so please don't take it personally if I don't get to them right away. I'm honored and I know you didn't choose lightly.

hugs
gail

Fannie said...

Hi, Gail~
There's no timeline. Just enjoy! ;-D

Jacq said...

Congratulations on this very nice award.