Thursday, July 3, 2008

Love Birds 2

Love Birds 2, Fabric Paper on Mat Board, (5" x 7")
Fannie Narte


Here's my simpler design of "Love Birds." Black gutta resist was used to draw the faux lead lines on this piece. The lines on yesterday's "Love Birds" post was done with black scribble paint.

I like this one better than yesterday's because of its simplicity. But I want to try one more idea to improve this design even further. ;-D

10-DAY COUNTDOWN TO BLOG ANNIVERSARY

GIVEAWAY--DAY 1

"Love Birds 2" will be one of the pieces in the giveaway. To enter, leave a comment to this or any of the posts during the next ten days. Names will be drawn on July 13 and the winners will be posted on that day.

Help me celebrate my upcoming one year anniversary of daily blogging.

WHAT I LEARNED IN THE PAST YEAR

ACHIEVE LONG-TERM GOALS BY SETTING SHORT-TERM GOALS

One of the lessons I learned in the past year is that a long-term goal is best achieved by breaking it down into smaller achievable goals. I accomplished this task by setting twelve short-term goals--creating a plan to achieve daily blogging a month at a time. After I achieved the goal for the first month of blogging, I created a new plan to achieve the goal for the next month. Each new month's plan was refined from the lessons learned in the previous months.

PLAN B

Even the best plan needs a back-up plan. I had a stash of extra posts, including photographs of new art pieces, and travel photos for those "rainy days" when life presents challenges.

HABITS

Habits are formed through daily practice. After the first few months, I developed a "daily blogging habit."

ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS

You can achieve any goal you desire. Create a Plan A and a Plan B. Over time, you'll develop a habit that will move you in a forward direction to attaining your goal. You can accomplish anything you can imagine.


Dream big! When you achieve those goals, Dream Bigger!
Fannie

11 comments:

Regina said...

your birds "pop" more on this version. I like that the puzzle pattern adds some great visual interest, too.

morningDove said...

like the simplicity better. Can you make the negative space between the two beaks more heart shaped? the right love birds wing almost disappears into the background.
You have taught me so much in the last year. I am definitely not near where you are in setting goal; more live survival mode.
Congrats on 10days and counting down.

Kate said...

Hhhhmmmm...I read the other 2 comments, and actually I really like both of the Love Birds. teh first reminds me of a "Partridge in a Pear Tree" illustration or a stained glass piece.

I have to tell you, I LOVE the new look of this blog! I feel that it is really "you"! Love the fabric texture on the left side, Honor's header, and just how well your work and links are displayed! Too cool!

Have a great holiday...

Kate

Sherry said...

I think they are both really nice pieces. #1 reminds me of Jacobean style and #2 is more "Fannie" style. I believe your blog has taught something to all that have stopped by to read and visit. Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. Hope to be here to celebrate with you.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Good Morning Fannie!
Your love birds are wonderful! I love both versions. They are both so beautiful and the colors are warm and inviting. I am so excited that they are part of the give away!
happy 4th!
xo
melissa

Scrappy Cat said...

I like this one better too. And your post about goals is very informative and helpful - I must remember it.

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

I love the birds. The black outlining really makes them pop.

freebird said...

Well, I have to say I like this one better. The gutta made cleaner lines and the simpler shapes and the less busy background show off your birds better. It will be fun to see version three!

Kristin Hubick said...

Oh, I adore this piece! And your latest work of course! Please enter my name in the drawing :). I'd be delighted to own your work :).
xoxo,
Kris

laughingwolf said...

your talent continues to amaze me, fannie :)

melisemail said...

Fannie, I love your "take that leap" collage. It is how I feel most of the time in my art lately!! Hope my comment works now on your blog. Thanks for sharing all of your great work! Melissa