Monday, July 14, 2008

Love Blooms

"Love Blooms," Mixed Media, Wood, (2.5" x 3.5")
Fannie Narte

For Sale in My Etsy Shop

A lonely seed

fell,

broken, shaken . . .

searching, shifting . . .

anchor . . .

Home.


Love Blooms.

~Fannie Narte


WOOD BURNING--A New Technique

This is a new technique for me, but it is not a new technique in the art world. I like the visual texture that the surface of real wood provides, and the clean lines created by the wood burning tool.

A wood burning tool was used to burn the images of the two poppies. They were painted with Neocolor II wax pastels. The wood was stained with a glaze of acrylic paint. Musical notes were rubber stamped with solvent ink.


Guess what tools I'll be playing with for a time?
Fannie

12 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

you're amazing...always adding a new tool to your repetoire....this is lovely...have fun with your new medium.

Regina said...

Fannie,
I don't have enough time & energy to keep up with all the ways you inspire me. This is gorgeous!
Just last week hubby & I built a frame for my latest piece. It was the first time we made one & my mind started going all over the place with possibilities. Now you give me another idea. I love the idea of woodburning my frames. I have an ancient tool from my childhood.
Don't you love that burnt wood aroma?
Do you have a Dremel tool? You could have lots of fun with that on your wood.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi fannie
your mastering of new techniques is so inspiring. i love how you combine mediums layers and techniques to achieve not only a truly one of a kind creation, but an original path to an amazing piece of art.

laughingwolf said...

simply brilliant, fannie :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

The best part of being an artist is the exploration! I love trying out new techniques and this is one I have never tried. It certainly gives an added texture to your lovely fiber art

Jacq said...

Fannie, There you are trying something different, it looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing more wood burning.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Fannie, I have just nominated you for a blog award. See my blog for details!

Scrappy Cat said...

This is beautiful Fannie. I love seeing all the different tools you use.

Heather P said...

Poppies are my favorite flower. I love "Love Blooms" and I also love the fact that you are always exploring new techniques. You are truly an inspiration!

Diana Evans said...

what fun Fannie...I love using my wood burning tool...

you can check out my mermaid box I made in January here

Mermaid Box

Sherry said...

Love this piece and so glad you found time to play with wood burning.

freebird said...

What a neat idea. Yes, woodburning has been around for a long time but I don't think I've ever seen it used quite like this. Your card is terrific.