Friday, July 25, 2008

Rose, Art Quilt

Rose, Art Quilt, (5" x 7")
Fannie Narte
SOLD

I love roses, and I like to paint roses.

This rose art quilt was created using Neocolors and thread sketched with black thread. The background is stipple quilted using irridescent thread. The edges are finished with my signature satin stitch combination using black thread.

THE ROSE--INTERESTING FACTS

Roses are ancient symbols of love and beauty. According to the language of flowers, certain rose colors carry specific meanings.

Pink: Symbolizes grace, sophistication and elegance. It also symbolizes gentle feelings of love and friendship.

Dark Pink: Gratefulness and appreciation.

Light Pink: Admiration and sympathy

Yellow: Often akin to joy and deep friendship or platonic love. In German speaking countries, however, they can mean jealousy and infidelity.

Yellow with red tips: Symbolizes a gesture of falling in love.

Source:


This rose is for you.

Fannie

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Beautiful Fannie. Thanks for the color definitions. My favorite has always been the yellow. Guess I should think about changing colors?? ;-0

NANCY LEFKO said...

beautiful....and I know first hand how fabulous your art quilts are in person !!!!!!

laughingwolf said...

hi fannie, the beautiful piece you awarded me just arrived, and i'm so thrilled with it! thank you!

will have to find a suitable frame to mount it in, asap

thx again!

-t

your work continues to amaze!

morningDove said...

I enjoyed looking at this quilt today bc my bouquet of beautiful flowers finally had to be put to rest. I did take two roses and put petals in a phone book for pressing.

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

Your rose is amazing! I love the colors and textures you've created.
~Alisa

Melissa and Emmitt said...

Hi Fannie!
I love your rose!

We are going to miss you next week while I am away, but I will have lots of pictures from art camp when I get back and Emmitt's Birthday is August 1st and we are having a party on our blog.
Please come!
xo
m & e

Lisa M Griffin said...

Funny that my favorite color roses are pink. =)
Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy your company.