Friday, August 8, 2008

Dear Friends . . .

Dear Friends~

I have enjoyed sharing my art with you each day for over a year now. My audience of three--my husband and two daughters--have grown to many faithful readers who visit me each day and delight in my humble offerings.

Mahalo--Thank You for your continued interest.

Achieving my goal of daily blogging for one year was a major achievement for me. The feeling of success will be with me forever. It was most enjoyable because you were on the journey with me. Blogging became more meaningful because you are here.

In between school work, health challenges, participating in service projects, family activities, etc., I still had time to play with my grandchildren . . .

. . . and had time to do "girly things" with my daughters.

At my year's blog anniversary, I wondered what was going to be my next goal. There are many things I want to accomplish.
One of my new goals is to take weekends off. That doesn't mean you won't hear from me on weekends. It just means I will not be posting new art during the weekends.

I may chime in on weekends and maybe post photographs, doodles or sketches, a poem, a phrase or share some ideas . . . whatever I think may be of interest to you . . . I hope . . . .

This new goal will allow me to do what I enjoy . . . painting, creating, imagining . . .

. . . sharing my dreams with my husband, and spending time with my family.

If I don't see you this weekend, enjoy your time with your family, and I'll see you on Monday!


May true friends be around you.

May Family, Friends, Love and Peace Fill Your Home.

Fannie

Source:
Images--Enchanted Mercantile

12 comments:

Diana Evans said...

What a wonderful post Fannie...Your weekends will fill your soul and allow you to enjoy your creativity even more...I know when I first started taking weekends off....it was hard at first ...but then I realized how much more I could take in to feed my soul and inspire me even more...

Your work is amazing and I stare at the wonderful art journal you created for me...I want to write in it...but I am waiting for that perfect time and the perfect words....I think it will be my personal goal and gratitude journal....

thanks for the inspiration and I hope you know how grateful I am to call you my friend!!!!

MAHALO!!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
have a wonderful weekend my friend!
see you on monday!
xo
melissa

Sherry said...

I don't think I can write quite as elquently as Diana, but I ditto everything she says even down to the beautiful journal. You've inspired and entertained us for a year and now it's "Fannie Time". Enjoy your family and weekends my dear friend. Look forward to seeing you and your creations during the week. Peace, Love, and Big virtual Hugs!!!!

NANCY LEFKO said...

have a wonderful weekend, my friend, and many, many more....you bring so much joy to our lives....may it come back to you a thousand-fold.

soulbrush said...

aaaaaawwww this is so touching, well done you, have wonderful weekends with your family and that art! hugs.

Jacq said...

I love your post. I have found that not posting everyday is okay. Have a great weekend and I'll check back in early next week.

Grooveycrafts said...

congratulations on your first yeat, your blog has been interesting to read and I've loved whatever you have been creating :).

I hope you continue enjoying your love of aceos etc...

morningDove said...

I only read this today-Monday. What a wonderful goal - weekends off blogging to spend time with family. I'm working on my goals.

Lisa M Griffin said...

What a beautiful and loving post with chosen images that compliment it perfectly. I truly missed visiting your site while I was away, you continue to lift up my heart and spirits with each visit.
Thank you for sharing Fannie!

Fannie said...

Diana, the first weekend off was difficult. I kept thinking, "I didn't blog today. I 'need' to blog." But on Monday, the experience was over and I thought: "I made it"! It's an adjustment, isn't it?

Whatever you put into your journal, I hope it validates you, your art and your generosity. I, too, feel gratitude to know we are friends.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Melissa!

Thanks for the virtual hugs, Sherry! It has been an "entertaining" year, hasn't it? Thanks for being a part of my journey. You "are" eloquent in a heartful way. Thanks for your generosity. Peace, Love and Hugs back at you!

Thanks for the good wishes, Nancy. I feel very blessed to have friends and visitors like you!

Welcome, Soulbrush--like that name! Thanks for your visit and for sharing your thoughts.

Thanks, Jacq. Now that my goal of blogging daily for one year is done, I'm adjusting to my new goal. It is an adjustment . . . I appreciate your words.

Hi, Grooveycrafts! I do enjoy creating ACEOs. I think it's because they're small and a challenge to design. I like challenges.

Hi, Dove! Yes, weekends off . . . what a concept! ;-D What are your goals?

Welcome back, Lisa. I hope you had a great time. I missed your visits too. But I'm glad that I can visit you at anytime, even when you're gone . . . one of the blessings and benefits of the blogosphere!

freebird said...

Great. Family time is super important. So is break time. Enjoy yourself and be refreshed.