Monday, August 25, 2008

Different, But Same

Different, But Same, Fabric Postcard, 4" x 6"
© 2008 Fannie Narte
For Sale in
My Etsy Shop

I used silk paints on white cotton fabric to create this postcard. It doesn't blend as easily as it does on silk, but the results are satisfactory. The thread sketching around the pears and its shadows is done with black embroidery thread, and the background quilting is done with irridescent thread. I sprayed black acrylic paint over the piece using a toothbrush.


Different, But Same, Colored Pencil, 8" x 10"
© 2008 Fannie Narte


This colored pencil drawing is the inspiration for my postcard. This piece has been used several times for different purposes. I've also used this image to create an art quilt that was sold to help fund Alzheimer's research.

When I created this colored pencil drawing, I portrayed the idea of "acceptance." We are unique individuals--different cultural backgrounds, ages, genders, personalities, and beliefs. However, we are all the same in one important aspect--we all want to be loved, appreciated, accepted and encouraged. Thus, the title "Different, but Same."

Enjoy,
Fannie

7 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie
this post is wonderful. i love how your own art inspires you to create more in different ways.

i love this new painting!

xo
m

laughingwolf said...

love it! :)

NANCY LEFKO said...

gorgeous....simply gorgeous....

Sue B said...

love the colors in that fabric postcard Fannie, they're gorgeous.

Diana Evans said...

i love seeing your work in many mediums...these pears are quite a pair! hehehe

Jacq said...

I love what you did with your pears. The colors are great.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Everyone. I hadn't thought of my own artwork inspiring my new works of art. Thanks for that, Melissa.

LW, SueB, Nancy, thanks for your visits and comments.

Cute funny, Diana.

They remind me of your avatar, Jacq. Interesting.