Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fan-C Bear--Support Our Troops

Fan-C Bear, 6-Inches in height in sitting position
Fannie Narte

DEDICATED TO OUR TROOPS

This is an original bear made from a pattern I designed. I dedicate this bear to all of our Troops serving everywhere.

EXPRESS FEELINGS BY CREATING

I was thinking about our troops and feeling concerned about their welfare, and feeling gratitude for their service. Some of them left pregnant wives behind. I imagine that some of them may not have seen their newborn babies in real life.

GRATITUDE

War is "ugly," and I feel sad and helpless. This bear was created out of these thoughts and feelings. It doesn't change the situation, but it helped me express my gratitude for these troops and their families.

RETURN HOME SAFELY

I added a golden yellow ribbon to his neck to express my wishes for their safe return home.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

Thank You to All of Our Troops and Their Families!!!


Humbly,
Fannie

3 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

great post fannie!
i love your new bear!
melissa

Jacq said...

I like your bear. Your right war is "ugly". There has to be a better way.

laughingwolf said...

excellent!