Thursday, August 28, 2008

Girl With a Hat--WIP

Girl With a Hat, ACEO, Wood, 2.5" x 3.5"
© 2008 Fannie Narte


This is a work-in-progress of one of my girls on wood. The sketch was done in graphite, and several washes of white acrylic paint were brushed over the sketch. After adding a layer or two of sealant, I'll begin the painting, and I may add paper to it . . . still thinking.

WORKING ON PROJECTS

I'm finding it difficult to blog each day while working on submission proposals. Most of the art I'm creating cannot be posted. I hope you will be entertained by my work-in-progress mixed media art. You're watching me learn in "sort of" real time.

Thanks for looking.
Fannie

6 comments:

morningDove said...

I love your WIP. I can't wait to see the art for proposals. I am sure another goal to be checked off very soon - published artist.

Fantastic Figments said...

That is okay with me! I was talking to my mom the other day about being stretched too thin. Full time job then come how and create until 1am.. AHAHHAHA not enough time in a day. Then you feel if you don't post people will stop coming by. Oh the quandries! Don't worry I will be around and I think it is important as an artist not to bite off more than you can chew and to give the proper time needed for each piece you make. Keep doing what you are doing. Loves it!

Smooches,
Steph

laughingwolf said...

post when and what you can, fannie :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love sneaking a peak at whatever you are up too! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Jacq said...

I enjoy all your post. I feel like you are letting me watch over your shoulder. Thank you.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Dove. Yes, another goal hopefully to be checked off soon.

Hi, Steph. Finding balance is tricky, isn't it? Just when I think I've got it, something new turns up, and I'm humbled--again--and the search for balance begins anew. It's a never-ending cycle. But having fun amidst the imbalance. Thanks for your visit and for your comments.

Thanks, LW. Sometimes just hearing someone say just as you did releases all the self-imposed angst. Thanks!

Hi, Lisa. I'm glad you sneak peaks. You're welcome anytime. Your lovelies on your blog are eye candy that feeds the soul and inspires me.

Thank you, Jacq, for your continued interest in my ramblings, experiments and "art." I appreciate your visits.