Wednesday, August 13, 2008

IF--Sail

Sail, Sketch, 9" x 12"
Fannie Narte

This is my submission for Illustration Friday. My submissions are usually posted to my other blog, but I thought I'd add it to "Imagine" today to share it with you.

NEWSPAPER BOAT

When I was a young girl, I made newspaper boats and sailed it in the rocky beach called "Laupahoehoe" near my home in Hawaii. I anchored it with a few lava rocks or sea glass. It drifted for a while before it sank. Then I'd make a new boat, add more rocks or glass and sail again . . .


Do you make newspaper boats?
Fannie

7 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

sweet as can be....so calm, serene, just magical.....

no, I have never made a newspaper boat....do you still make them with your grandchildren?

Diana Evans said...

what fun Fannie...I used to make newspaper boats as a child...what fun!!!!!!!

I have an award waiting for you on my blog...

hugs
Diana

laughingwolf said...

paper boats, airplanes, and flowers :)

Sandra Evertson said...

She is Beautiful! And as for your question, I have no set way, sometimes its the photos first and sometimes it the writing first, and even a combination of the two!
Sandra Evertson

Lisa M Griffin said...

I nominated you for an award, stop by my blog to see... and thanks for being such an inspiration! =)

PS You know that I never have made paper boats? Just paper airplanes.

morningDove said...

is the bird a partridge? and did you actually write words on the little sail boat? This is a sweet piece of art. I really love it bc it seems to be another step for you. The little girl in the lily pad bloom is fascinting.or is that another Hawaiian flower?

Regina said...

I don't recall ever making paper boats. But I did love playing in water and mud. We enjoyed tossing rocks in the creek to see how big a splash we could make. Learning to skip stones was a thrill.