Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Colorful Goodies, Treasury by Beth Macre

Love Falls Softly, ACEO, Wood, 2.5" x 3.5"
© 2008 Fannie Narte
For Sale in my
Etsy Shop

Lost in meditation,
seeking,
hesitant,
doubtful;

Love falls softly,
comforting,
elevating,
secure.
~Fannie Narte~

Sometimes hearing a soothing voice, or hearing a memorable song, or reading powerful words, or seeing a thoughtful image can give one that extra push of courage to move one forward. Love Falls Softly . . .

Colorful Goodies, Treasury by Beth Macre

My "Love Falls Softly" wooden ACEO is a part of "Colorful Goodies," an Etsy Treasury by Beth Macre.

BETH MACRE

My first exploration into other media outside of quilting was colored pencils. I met Beth through a colored pencil online forum, "Scribble Talk." At that time, Beth organized an ACEO swap among members of that forum, in which I participated with my piece "After the Show 1."

After the Show 1, Colored Pencil, Colourfix, 2.5" x 3.5"
© 2008 Fannie Narte

I was a newbie to colored pencils, and Beth's gentle kindness helped me feel confident in participating in the group's swap. In a sense, she gave me a set of wings. Because of that experience, I joined other online groups.

Beth was the kind of friend I needed while testing the waters outside of my safe corner. I was looking for a medium that would help me express the noise inside my head, but I wasn't sure where to look or what I was looking for. All I knew was what I felt, and I knew that if I kept looking, eventually I would find what I was looking for.

My explorations in colored pencils were important stepping stones in my journey. I learned that I needed to keep searching until I felt at "home" with my art. In those explorations, I found many "Beths" in the colored pencil world.

Beth has a blog and an Etsy shop, "Beth's Art and Clay Designs." As a teacher, she was fortunate to visit the art museums and historical sites in France this past summer with some of her students.

Thanks for including me, Beth!

Enjoy,
Fannie

6 comments:

Sherry said...

and....you are just as giving to others as Beth was to you. I read your posts most days and they scream "me" with so many similarities. Thanks Fannie for being you.

Fantastic Figments said...

Fannie are you kidding you are a colored pencil genious! That is soooo amazing lucky person whoever gets your swap. Fannie you are the post child for Pay It Forward. You do so many wonderful things for others that I am sure in return they are passing it along and making the world a better place!

stop by the blog I am having a give away
Smooches
Steph

Regina said...

I love how you introduce us to other artists.
xo

Jacq said...

Your color pencil work is amazing. Thanks for sharing Beth with us, I will check out her blog.

Beth said...

Hi Fannie! Thanks for being so generous with your time and compliments to me. I'm just trying to give back half as much as you've given to me and others. You are an inspiration to me.

Wurzerl said...

Hi Fannie! What an interesting post! I just must visiting the blog of Beth. You makes me curious about her.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Have a great time Wurzerl